Alexander Pope

Alexander Pope
Thomas Hudson, National Portrait Gallery, London, Alexander Pope

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Korshin-Scanlan Readings of Johnson's Life of Swift

I have been reading online the recent interpretations of the Johnson-Swift issues which are the subject of my online dissertation and this blog.

I must say that I am terribly underwhelmed by the arrogant assertions of Korshin-Scanlan that poor Dr. Johnson was too old and lazy to do a good job as a biographer of Jonathan Swift.

It sounds like elder abuse, which Mickey Rooney is telling a Congressional Committee is rampant in today's US society.

You really must buy my online book from dissertation.com to get the correct perspective on this subject which these two "gentleman" are trying to bury with their "final words on the subject."

Perhaps when these Two Gentleman become octogenerians (statistically not a good chance for men in US today) they will also appreciate the joys of elder abuse.

Meanwhile, I will continue my lonely and solipsistic attempt to inform those mad enough to entertain the Swift-Johnson paradox the benefits of my wisdom on the subject.

Meanwhile, here is a homework assignment:

Put any two portrats of Swift and Johnson alongside of each other. Stare at them for an hour or so. And then write a comparative essay on these two literary geniuses without consulting anything but your take on the hour-long study of the two portraits.

I will be glad to post anyone's homework assigment on this Google blog.

Adsense Jesuits welcome to participate in homework assignment.

I will also conjecture they will be closer to the  "final word on the subject" than the Two gentleman of Verona: Korshin-Scanlan. Or should it be Scanlan-Korshin? 

Adieu,
Jordan,

No comments:

Post a Comment